图片

Conference:USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI)

CCF level:CCF A

Categories:Software Engineering/System Software/Programming Languages

Year:2023

Num:1

Title: 

LVMT: An Efficient Authenticated Storage for Blockchain

LVMT:一种区块链的高效认证存储

Authors

图片

Abstract

Authenticated storage access is the performance bottleneck of a blockchain, because each access can be amplified to potentially O(logn) disk I/O operations in the standard Merkle Patricia Trie (MPT) storage structure. In this paper, we propose a multi-Layer Versioned Multipoint Trie (LVMT), a novel high-performance blockchain storage with significantly reduced I/O amplifications. LVMT uses the authenticated multipoint evaluation tree (AMT) vector commitment protocol to update commitment proofs in constant time. LVMT adopts a multi-layer design to support unlimited key-value pairs and stores version numbers instead of value hashes to avoid costly elliptic curve multiplication operations. In our experiment, LVMT outperforms the MPT in real Ethereum traces, delivering read and write operations six times faster. It also boosts blockchain system execution throughput by up to 2.7 times. 

认证存储访问是区块链的性能瓶颈,因为在标准的 Merkle Patricia Trie(MPT)存储结构中,每次访问都可能被放大到潜在的 O(logn)磁盘 I/O 操作。在本文中,我们提出了一种多层版本化多点Trie(LVMT),这是一种新型高性能区块链存储,可显著减少 I/O 放大。LVMT 使用认证多点评估树(AMT)向量承诺协议,在恒定时间内更新承诺证明。LVMT 采用多层设计,支持无限键值对,并存储版本号而非值哈希值,以避免昂贵的椭圆曲线乘法运算。在我们的实验中,LVMT 在实际以太坊跟踪中的表现优于 MPT,其读写操作速度是 MPT 的六倍。它还将区块链系统的执行吞吐量提高了 2.7 倍。

图片

图片

图片

图片

图片

图片

图片

图片

图片

图片

图片

图片